Huntington Ingalls Industries Principal Software Engineer TS/SCI+ in Fort Meade, Maryland
What you will be working on:
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will develop and maintain assigned persona analytic tasks requiring implementation, documentation and testing. Analytics will be developed primarily, but not exclusively, in the customer cloud infrastructure. You shall possess the necessary skills required to implement an end-to-end solution including (but not limited to) accessing existing datasets, creating new datasets by ingesting data, performing analytic functions and exposing analytic results to the users. The data could be metadata or content.
You will work with a team of subs and primes, including other G2ers.
What you need:
● 16+ years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline.
○ At minimum, 5 of these years must have been as a Software Engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
● Atleast 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
● A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience. A Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related discipline may be substituted for an additional two (2) years of general experience.
● Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
What we would like you to have:
● Experience with cloud development technologies i.e., Java, MapReduce, Hadoop, Cloudbase/Accumulo
● Experience with customer analytic development
● Experience with SOAP and REST web services
● Familiarity with customer corporate presentation tools such as DX, TargetProfiler, GeoXplorer, LinkXplorer, Renoir, etc
● The ability to work in a team environment
A few of the reasons to work for us:
You can grow with us: Our flexible and collaborative environment encourages our people to challenge themselves and feed their need to learn and grow. We offer $10k towards Professional Development and Education, and Brown Bag sessions covering a wide variety of topics.
You can retire sooner rather than later: We match up to 8% of your 401k contributions which you are vested in 100% day one.
Work - life balance is real: In addition to the ability to work flexible hours, you’ll get up to 7 weeks of PTO which is based upon your total years’ experience. For every year you’re with HII-TSD (formerly G2, Inc.), you’ll enjoy an additional day of PTO.
Not quite ready to apply? TAKE THE NEXT STEP and GET CONNECTED or reach out to us at Recruiting@g2-inc.com to take a less formal approach.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.If you are seeking reasonable accommodation as it relates to the employment process, please contact the recruiting department at (410) 290-9710 or email@example.com