Huntington Ingalls Industries Cyber Software Engineer III in Fort Belvoir, Virginia
What you will be working on:
As a Cyber Software Engineer III, you will provide direct support to the United States Army Cyber Command, Joint Force HQs-Cyber, ARCYBER operational forces, and other DoD cyber mission partners. Join our team and be a critical partner to the team who will bring solutions to the design, development, deployment, testing, and evaluation of cyber systems and applications.
● Provide digital media and network forensics using a variety of methods to detect and identify anomalous and/or malicious software
● Analyze collected media to inform and improve DCO capabilities and TTPs
● Perform reverse-engineering on compiled executable code to examine how the program interacts with its environment
● Analyze collected media for DCO value to understand adversary technical capabilities and TTPs/methods of employment
● Analyze the attack/exploit capability of the software, and document and catalog findings for future correlation
● Develop and maintain malware analysis artifacts, reports, case notes, and all case related data, and ensure information is properly stored within the infrastructure
● Perform dead-box forensic analysis and live forensic/incident handling analysis, as required, to include collection, preservation, and transfer forensic evidence of unauthorized access to a military/partner network, device, or Information Systems (IS); analyze forensically sound images to identify suspicious/malicious files, all intrusion related artifacts, and entry points/attack vectors; and develop necessary procedures or scripts to identify such data.
What you need:
● DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification
● High School diploma with 16+ years of experience; or a Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience; or a Master’s degree with 8+ years of experience
● Familiarity with multiple program languages
● TS/SCI with the ability to pass a Poly
What we would like you to have:
● Expert knowledge in Reverse Engineering and Malware Analysis
● Experience in Agile Software Development
● High proficiency in software development and the use of multiple scripting languages such as Python, C, C++, Perl, Bash, or Assembly
● Experience with developing and maintaining manuals, drawings, and/or system specifications. Strong knowledge of the Agile Software Development process
● A strong ability and desire to mentor peers
A few of the reasons to work for us:
You can grow with us: Our flexible and collaborative environment encourages our people to challenge themselves and feed their need to learn and grow. We offer $10k towards Professional Development and Education, and Brown Bag sessions covering a wide variety of topics.
You can retire sooner rather than later: We match up to 8% of your 401k contributions which you are vested in 100% day one.
Work - life balance is real: In addition to the ability to work flexible hours, you’ll get up to 7 weeks of PTO which is based upon your total years’ experience. For every year you’re with G2, you’ll enjoy an additional day of PTO.
Not quite ready to apply? TAKE THE NEXT STEP and GET CONNECTED or reach out to us at Recruiting@g2-inc.com to take a less formal approach.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.If you are seeking reasonable accommodation as it relates to the employment process, please contact the recruiting department at (410) 290-9710 or firstname.lastname@example.org