Huntington Ingalls Industries Talent Acquisition Specialist in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
HII – MDIS is currently looking for an experienced IT/Cyber Talent Acquisition Specialist with a strong attention to detail and strategic mindset to work out of their Annapolis Junction, MD office.HII Mission Driven Innovative Solutions (MDIS) is a business group within Technical Solutions, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII), that delivers professional services to a wide variety of government and commercial customers worldwide. HII – MDIS has over 2100 employees worldwide who deliver critical services to our DoD, IC and Federal/Civilian customers across five service portfolios: IT and Software Applications; Modeling, Simulation and Training; Mission Engineering and Operations Support; Cyberspace Operations; and Logistics and Lifecycle Management.
What you will be working on:
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and client-driven environment supporting the Advanced Cyber and Engineering business unit. The individual will recruit for a variety of clearance levels and skill sets in the Company's portfolio of capabilities which we provide to our clients, to include software engineering, security engineering, and systems engineering. This position is ideally suited for a self-motivated, detail-oriented person who is passionate about making a difference and has a strong desire to grow with our team.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Perform full life-cycle recruitment duties, with the assistance of a recruiting coordinator, to include, but not be limited to: review applicants; proactively source candidates via various methods and/or job boards; conduct initial screens of candidates and applicants; work closely with hiring managers on the status of their open roles; schedule interviews with hiring managers and candidates; extend offers to candidates; and track their onboarding process.
● Manage effective relationships with hiring managers to understand their hiring needs and fill openings in a timely manner.
● Proactively recruit and source for openings; seek new, creative methods for finding qualified candidates.
● Work with hiring managers to create and post comprehensive job descriptions for external posting.
● Screen candidate resumes and conduct employment pre-screening interviews.
● Accurately evaluate candidates based on core competencies and cultural fit.
● Assist with salary analysis. and assist hiring managers with preparing offer requests; follow through on offers from acceptance to start.
● Support proposal efforts as needed.
● Maintain a pipeline of qualified candidates for future consideration.
● Manage the flow of employee referrals and candidates via the company’s applicant tracking system in compliance with OFCCP guidelines.
● Establish trust and confidence by maintaining a high level of credibility, integrity, and skilled communications with managers, and staff and demonstrate effective client / candidate management.
● Provide valuable and timely customer service to management and candidates alike.
● Compile and communicate recruiting data and metrics as necessary.
● Ensure compliance with hiring policies, practices, and company values.
What you need:
● Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience and at least 3 years of relevant experience; Master’s Degree and 1 year of relevant experience
● An understanding of full life-cycle recruiting, from requirements analysis to hiring, to include understanding real job needs at a technical and results level
● Experience with proactive sourcing to include leveraging job boards, CRM, ATS, career fairs, and social media, among other methods, to maximize candidate quality and personal productivity
● Ability to build effective networks and relationships to identify and recruit outstanding passive candidates and maintain a strong pipeline of talent
● Ability to interact effectively with all levels of candidates and management
● Individual must be flexible and able to multi-task, prioritize, and operate in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
● Experience with an automated applicant tracking system
● Strong organizational, communication (both written and verbal), and networking skills
● Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as collaborate as part of a team
● Highly proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
● Flexibility to work surge hours as required during proposal time frames
● Must be a US citizen and have the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance, if necessary
● All candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and drug screening per HII requirements
What we would like you to have:
● Experience in recruiting with a government contractor, to include experience recruiting for proposals
● Ability to add strategic impact and influence with hiring decisions to include taking initiative on new recruiting methodology and creative approaches to hiring
● General human resource knowledge and understanding of common staffing metrics and functions
A few reasons to work for us:
You can grow with us: Our flexible and collaborative environment encourages our people to challenge themselves and feed their need to learn and grow. We offer $10k towards Professional Development and Education, and Brown Bag sessions covering a wide variety of topics.
You can retire sooner rather than later: We match up to 8% of your 401k contributions which you are vested in 100% day one.
Work - life balance is real: In addition to the ability to work flexible hours, you’ll get up to 7 weeks of PTO which is based upon your total years’ experience. For every year you’re with us, you’ll enjoy an additional day of PTO.
Not quite ready to apply? TAKE THE NEXT STEP and GET CONNECTED or reach out to us at Recruiting@g2-inc.com to take a more informal approach.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are seeking reasonable accommodation as it relates to the employment process, please contact the recruiting department at (410) 290-9710 or firstname.lastname@example.org