Huntington Ingalls Industries Senior Software Engineer - TS/SCI+ in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
What you will be working on:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software systems.
You will work with a team of subs and primes, including other HII-TSD (formerly G2, Inc.) engineers.
What you need:
● Seven (7) years’ experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
● Three (3) years of experience developing SaaS systems.
● Two (2) years’ experience in the SIGINT environment.
● Four (4) years of demonstrated experience developing software for one of the following: Windows, UNIX, or Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) OS.
● Experience on at least one Object Oriented System.
● Extensive experience in planning and accomplishing goals and complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as top-level contributor or specialist.
● Experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
● Demonstrated technical writing skills.
● Firm grasp of modem computer programming with a minimum of six (6) years’ experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems and software testing.
● Experience in evaluating project needs, determining tasks and duration and allocating resources.
● A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science is highly desired which will be considered equivalent to two (2) years of experience. A Master’s Degree in a technical field will be considered equivalent to four (4) years of experience.
● Active TS/SCI with Polygraph.
What we would like you to have:
● Knowledge and experience with internals of HDFS, HADOOP, and/or Google's BIG TABLE.
● Experience with Hadoop clusters with 1000 or more cores.
● Experience with C or C++ Windows/Linux programming.
● Familiarity with the software development process described in the J-STD-016 and IEEEIEIA 12207, "Information technology-Software life cycle processes" and possess two (2) years of experience developing software in accordance with these standards.
● Able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts.
● Knowledge and experience with developing distributed storage routing and querying algorithms.
● Experience "wrapping" legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework.
A few of the reasons to work for us:
You can grow with us: Our flexible and collaborative environment encourages our people to challenge themselves and feed their need to learn and grow. We offer $10k towards Professional Development and Education, and Brown Bag sessions covering a wide variety of topics.
You can retire sooner rather than later: We match up to 8% of your 401k contributions which you are vested in 100% day one.
Work - life balance is real: In addition to the ability to work flexible hours, you’ll get up to 7 weeks of PTO which is based upon your total years’ experience. For every year you’re with HII-TSD (formerly G2, Inc.) you’ll enjoy an additional day of PTO.
Not quite ready to apply? TAKE THE NEXT STEP and GET CONNECTED or reach out to us at Recruiting@g2-inc.com to take a less formal approach.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.If you are seeking reasonable accommodation as it relates to the employment process, please contact the recruiting department at (410) 290-9710 or firstname.lastname@example.org