Huntington Ingalls Industries Program Manager in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
What you will be working on:
As a Program Manager, you will direct technical projects across one or more contracts that include system integration, end-user interaction, system engineering and requirements analysis. You will provide the client with innovative approaches to achieve mission objectives. You will oversee all programmatic tasks related to the contract including monthly financial reporting, staffing, and where applicable, sub-contractor relations. You will also support the Business Unit Manager, Operations Manager and business development staff in new business development via client engagement and proposal support.Additional responsibilities and information:
● Ensure monthly submission of contract CDRLs to include invoices, MSRs and other deliverables as required
● Oversee teamwork assignments and ensure work is progressing against advertised schedules
● Routine coordination on-site with government project sponsors at the Project Manager and Sr. Strategic (Office Chief) level
● Routine interaction at client site and other partner locations is required.
● Primary work location is at the contractor office in Annapolis Junction, Md, but regular visits to local client in Ft. Meade area are expected
What you need:
● 15+ years of experience as a Program or Project Manager
● Knowledgeable of the guidelines provided by the FAR and DFARS, DoD 5000 series, and ICD 801 policies
● Demonstrated experience in conducting requirements analysis, resource allocation, project costing, deliverable tracking, schedule and financial data monitoring, and reporting.
● Must have 3+ years of demonstrated experience in the management and control of funds and resources using complex reporting mechanisms such as Earned Value Management.
● Must have PMP, FAC-P/PM Senior Level, or DAWIA Level 3 certification in Program Management
● Must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
What we would like you to have:
● Experience with DoD or IC customers
● Self-motivated and outgoing personality with the ability to communicate with senior and junior staff members and to communicate/brief senior and mid-level Government management
A few of the reasons to work for us:
You can grow with us: Our flexible and collaborative environment encourages our people to challenge themselves and feed their need to learn and grow. We offer $10k towards Professional Development and Education, and Brown Bag sessions covering a wide variety of topics.
You can retire sooner rather than later: We match up to 8% of your 401k contributions which you are vested in 100% day one.
Work - life balance is real: In addition to the ability to work flexible hours, you’ll get up to 7 weeks of PTO which is based upon your total years’ experience. For every year you’re with us, you’ll enjoy an additional day of PTO.
Not quite ready to apply? TAKE THE NEXT STEP and GET CONNECTED or reach out to us at Recruiting@g2-inc.com to take a less formal approach.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.If you are seeking reasonable accommodation as it relates to the employment process, please contact the recruiting department at (410) 290-9710 or firstname.lastname@example.org