Huntington Ingalls Industries Principal Software Engineer - TS/SCI+ in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
What you will be working on:
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will design, develop, and implement robust software systems; provide technical leadership and mentoring to less experienced engineers; liaise and brief high level technical and non-technical customers and teammates; evaluate and select COTS/GOTS products and integrate with multiple proprietary and open source products.
You will work with a team of subs and primes, including other G2ers.
What you need:
● 15+ years of general experience in software development/engineering including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
● 4+ years’ experience within the most recent five (5) years:
○ As a software development or lifecycle support lead or subsystem top level contributor on mission critical 24X7 SIGINT productions systems in one of the following areas: Voice or video processing system requiring ingest of multiple audio and video formats, playback to end users, storage, and retrieval; Transcription systems requiring input, synchronization and linkage with original content, storage, and retrieval; Field deployable voice processing systems including data capture of multiple audio formats playback, ingest, storage and retrieval; Average ingest, storage, content search and retrieval of 500GB/day or more of multilingual text; Distributed Peer to Peer content storage and retrieval systems with more than 500 nodes; Metadata indexing, metadata summarization, content and metadata data mining, visualization and analytics.
○ Developing solutions which integrated or extended COTS or GOTS products.
○ Developing solutions which integrate or extend COTS or GOTS products.
● Four (4) years’ experience in evaluating project needs, determining tasks and duration, allocating resources, generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule, on MD Agency projects.
● Six (6) years of demonstrated experience within the past eight (8) years developing production software for one of the following environments: Windows .NET, Solaris, or Linux OS.
● Six (6) years’ experience in developing systems performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid to large scale system/programs.
● A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Communications, Accounting, Information Systems, Program Management, or a similar degree will be considered as a technical field. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
● Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
What we would like you to have:
● The ability to communicate directions and provide guidance to programmer/ analysts, as required.
A few of the reasons to work for us:
You can grow with us: Our flexible and collaborative environment encourages our people to challenge themselves and feed their need to learn and grow. We offer $10k towards Professional Development and Education, and Brown Bag sessions covering a wide variety of topics.
You can retire sooner rather than later: We match up to 8% of your 401k contributions which you are vested in 100% day one.
Work - life balance is real: In addition to the ability to work flexible hours, you’ll get up to 7 weeks of PTO which is based upon your total years’ experience. For every year you’re with HII-TSD (formerly G2, Inc.), you’ll enjoy an additional day of PTO.
Not quite ready to apply? TAKE THE NEXT STEP and GET CONNECTED or reach out to us at Recruiting@g2-inc.com to take a less formal approach.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.If you are seeking reasonable accommodation as it relates to the employment process, please contact the recruiting department at (410) 290-9710 or firstname.lastname@example.org